Keeping in touch with you and building community - with Class Dojo
We use the Class Dojo App to communicate securely with parents about their children online. The app offers a Facebook style interface which manages the flow of frequent information from school to home.
Parents are sent a passcode which connects them to their child's account - we use Class Dojo from Nursery Class all the way through to Year 6.
It provides an easy way for you to join the conversation. It is secure and personal to our school and provides information in an easy to use format similar to Twitter and Facebook.
Class Dojo has four main elements:
- Digital Sticker points - we will only use these at certain times of the year. Whilst many schools use these frequently - they are not the reason for us to use Dojo.
- Student Story - your child's learning can be recorded in their very own portfolio, not necessarily everyday but often enough that you have a flavour of what is being learnt in class.
- Class Story - general class news and celebrations, reminders and updates.
- School Story - news from across the school, on the day it happens, informing you about whole school events, sporting results and other whole school information and updates.
- Pupil Portfolios - your child can share work with you through the app.
We use Class Dojo to keep in touch with you about school events, send reminders, send celebratory messages about learning and community activities.
Class Dojo does offer a messaging system and we will keep this part of the app under review, parents are asked to continue to use firstname.lastname@example.org for formal emails to class teachers.
We have three videos to give you a flavour of what Class Dojo offers, we have tailored its services to fit the needs of our school, so not all aspects that you may see in these videos will be in use at St Cecilias.
School Wide Implementation
Our pupils can develop their own learning portfolios
Class Dojo is compliant with the GDPR and parents give permission for the school to process their child's data on the system when they complete the data processing consent form.
Class Dojo is only available to parents and children registered at the school.
Parents are reminded that they should not take images from Class Dojo and post them elsewhere online, what is posted in Dojo stays in Dojo.
Breaching this requirement will lead to account suspension.